Oilers To Change Jersey's Again?



A popular rumour site posted the following. "According to Patrick LaForge, Oilers President and CEO, the Oilers will switch their current home jersey with their throwback alternate jersey for the 2009-2010 season.. "The dark blue will become our third jersey, as was Todd McFarlane's former design (blue and silver with the gears on the sweater)," said LaForge. "The road whites will stay the same."


I have no idea how accurate this is or whether it is just the resurfacing of an old rumour, but this source is claiming it out of Laforge's own mouth, which is not at all to be taken lightly. I for one, don't mind the throw back jerseys, but am a bit surprised by the move. As far a merchandise is concerned it would be my guess that the retro style colors were hot sellers regardless of where they used them during game play. I'm not so sure the darker blue will sell as well being a third jersey.



What do you think? Would you rather the glory days colors? Or keep the darker blues and are own unique identity from the dominant years of the Edmonton Oilers?

2 comments:

Yes - I like the bold colors - Orange and Blue. But I really did like the glitzy sci-fi third uniform by the Todd McFarlane - creator of Spawn and then co-owner. The old and the new! I like them both - but they didn't seem to play that well in the old orange and blue, or am I wrong?

Jim
June 23, 2009 at 3:42 PM comment-delete

Blue and Orange. Hands down. Home and away. I miss the old (80's home) white jerseys.

July 9, 2009 at 7:58 PM comment-delete

Post a Comment

More To Read